Extended partnership, aligned with Gaia-X principles, to address data sovereignty and interoperability needs
Paris, France and Palo Alto, California, United States – May 4, 2022 – Atos and VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announce an extension of their strategic partnership with the launch of an integrated set of capabilities aimed at accelerating the development of ” Data Spaces (data spaces). Data Spaces are platforms that enable increased exchange, collaboration and monetization of data between organizations or sectors, independent of the underlying infrastructure, while ensuring data sovereignty and interoperability.
By collaborating on the development of Data Spaces, VMware and Atos plan to provide an integrated set of capabilities to use and share industrial data and applications more strategically to accelerate the growth of national and regional digital economies. This approach, aligned with the architecture Gaia-Xwill serve as a key catalyst for the initiative, which aims to accelerate the exchange of data via new digital platforms applying common rules.
Atos and VMWare plan to combine VMware’s capabilities in multi-cloud and application modernization with Atos’ expertise in cloud, cybersecurity and technology integration. The set is designed to provide businesses and industries with a foundation of essential components to quickly design, develop, deploy, secure and manage Data Spaces that are fully compliant with jurisdictional data governance requirements. Organizations can also use and monetize their existing data to create machine learning and artificial intelligence services, and new industry-specific services, to:
- Health and life sciences – facilitate the fusion and exchange of health data and thus accelerate research and clinical trials.
- Financial services – developing services and ecosystems for inter-company and cross-border collaboration, for example a sustainable financial platform to comply with environmental, social and governance (ESG) requirements.
- Public services – optimize electrical networks for charging electric vehicles.
“ With the complete set of joint features from VMware and Atos, organizations will have a viable and fast way to securely share, manage and maximize the monetization of their data.” said Laurent Allard, Sovereign Cloud Director, EMEA, VMware. ” Today’s world is multi-cloud. Aligned with the principles of Gaia-X, the suite of features will be designed to provide the interoperability, reversibility and security needed by European companies and sectors to create value from data and accelerate their digital ambitions”.
” Atos and VMware are long-standing partners who share the same desire to help organizations get value from their data. » precise Frédéric Malicki, Chief Technology Officer, Southern Europe, Atos. ” By supporting the acceleration of the development of Data Spaces and data sovereignty, we want to give customers the tools to create value from their own data, as well as from federated data, in collaboration with partners. and peers. They will be able to transform existing data into new services, which will for example help farmers to better predict the weather or improve the living conditions of the elderly thanks to automated energy management. “.
The joint capabilities provided by VMware and Atos are:
- VMware Tanzu Data Services – to enable the rapid and scalable development and deployment of modern applications within the data space between teams and clouds, transforming the way enterprises build, run and manage applications on Kubernetes. Tanzu Data services are part of the larger VMware Tanzu offering.
- VMware Cloud Foundation – to connect the Data Space to the cloud, including data storage platforms, and use existing data.
- VMware Versatile Data Kit – to reduce “unplanned work” using a Data SDK, which includes a foundation of essential components to build data applications with minimal effort and a plug-in framework to extend or inspect any part of the data application; as well as a service control manager that allows users to manage data jobs at all stages (development, packaging, installation, dependency tracking, and version management).
- Atos cloud capabilities – to support the transition to digital activities.
- Atos Edge and the bare metal as-a-service capabilities – to facilitate use cases and continuum edge-to-cloud.
- Atos cybersecurity products and services – to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
- Atos DigitalHub – to create personalized, shared and transparent platforms, which make it possible to use and orchestrate value chains within extended, data-driven ecosystems.
These features benefit from the reversibility, interoperability and portability offered by VMware’s cloud partners. With data housed in a common peer-to-peer framework to ensure architectural compatibility across cloud providers, organizations can place their data with any of the participating cloud providers to take full advantage of the services available. they offer, while retaining the ability to switch applications or federate data across other cloud provider platforms as needed.
For more information on the Data Spaces suite of features from VMware and Atos, please contact email@example.com
Atos is an international leader in digital transformation with 111,000 employees and annual revenue of approximately €11 billion. European number one in the cloud, cybersecurity and supercomputers, the Group provides integrated solutions for all sectors, in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to providing secure and decarbonized digital solutions to its customers. Atos is an SE (European Company) listed on Euronext Paris and is part of the CAC 40 ESG and Next 20 indices.
The Atos purpose is to help shape the information space. With its skills and services, the Group supports the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contributes to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Throughout the world, Atos enables its customers and employees, and more generally the greatest number of people, to live, work and progress sustainably and with complete confidence in the information space.
VMware, the leader in multi-cloud services for applications of all kinds, supports digital innovation by enabling enterprises to control their environments. As an innovation accelerator, the publisher offers solutions that provide organizations with the flexibility and choice needed to build their future. Based in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to creating a better future by following its 2030 agenda. For more information, visit vmware.com/company.
VMware, Cloud Foundation, and Tanzu are either registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content of such websites.
Atos: Lucie Duchateau – firstname.lastname@example.org – +33 7 62 85 35 10
VMware: Cherry Gray – email@example.com – +44 0 7979 245485
- Atos and VMware join forces to help organizations and industries more easily unlock the value of data
We wish to say thanks to the author of this post for this awesome material
Atos and VMware join forces to help organizations and industries more easily unlock the value of data
Find here our social media profiles and the other related pageshttps://www.ai-magazine.com/related-pages/