Fortinet announces the availability of FortiOS 7.2, a new version of its flagship operating system and keystone of the Fortinet Security Fabric. More than 300 new features allow Fortinet to deploy security at every edge of the network, with the levels of performance and scalability required to detect and prevent threats across an entire enterprise infrastructure.
Encouraging growth and scalability in a multi-site infrastructure environment is critical, but also complex, today. Current networks are hybrid: present on site, on multiple edges and in the cloud, they contribute to the success of digital projects. According to Brandon Butler, Enterprise Networks Research Manager at IDC, “The network is critical to enabling secure, scalable, and efficient use of cloud, edge, and IoT. Hybrid networks allow applications and workflows to be available across all edges, making critical information available to all users and devices, wherever they are. Unified management of advanced network and security functions helps accelerate digital initiatives. “
FortiOS 7.2 introduces new FortiGuard security services, powered by Artificial Intelligence for its converged security and network platform, while further consolidating distinct security products across networks, endpoints and cloud environments. These new features allow FortiOS to better protect today’s hybrid networks against ever more virulent threats, while enabling companies to accelerate their digital transformation.
FortiGuard Security Services, Powered by AI and Available Natively The rich panel of FortiGuard Security Services, powered by FortiGuard Labs, is natively integrated across the Fortinet Security Fabric to ensure automated and coordinated security in real time. FortiGuard services are powered by trusted machine learning and artificial intelligence-based features. These capitalize on data from networks, endpoints and the cloud and independent research data. They also benefit from numerous collaborations with partners in the sector. With FortiOS 7.2, new services and enhancements make it possible to neutralize known and unknown threats more quickly and efficiently than before.
Among the new services:
• An integrated sandbox: the classic sandbox becomes a real-time function, tightly integrated into the network, to neutralize known and unknown malware, with a controlled impact on operations. This results in stronger protection against ransomware compared to solutions that accept suspicious files within the network and then have to trace the malware once identified.
• Advanced Threat Protection: This service automatically detects and segments IT and OT devices based on their function on the network. This service also performs an inventory of resources and uses pattern matching to apply the relevant rules and automate remediation. This service is active on our NGFW solution and on the Edge LAN thanks to an integration with FortiNAC. The use of playbooks dedicated to network access control (NAC – Network Access Control) makes it possible to detect and deal with threats as close as possible to the protected resources.
• Outbreak Detection: Accelerates response to attacks that cause outbreaks with immediate alerts and scripts to hunt down threats. These scripts automatically check for threats and address them as needed, helping security teams speed up threat detection and remediation.
• SOC-as-a-Service: Give your security teams more time to focus on their strategic projects by delegating first-level analysis to Fortinet’s global experts. This service is conveniently priced at a fixed cost for NGFW firewall environments.
• Dedicated IPS: designed for the financial sector and other regulated environments, this solution makes it possible to migrate from a stand-alone IPS tool to an NGFW firewall, while maintaining operations and best practices.
• CASB: This new FortiGate NGFW firewall service works closely with FortiClient’s Fabric Agent module to inspect traffic according to ZTNA principles, and verify ZTNA status.
These services benefit from improvements, including:
• A Fabric Rating score: this service supports customers who design, deploy and improve their security infrastructure, taking into account audits, identifying critical vulnerabilities and optimizing configurations.
• Web security: URL, DNS and video filtering allows you to deploy comprehensive protection that suppresses multiple threats: ransomware, hijacking of identifiers, phishing and other web-based attacks.
Enhancements to the industry’s only security and network convergence platform
Fortinet’s approach to a security-centric network is designed for modern network technologies across all network edges. This ensures AI-powered and integrated security features that accelerate digital business transformation. FortiOS 7.2 further unifies the convergence of network and security functions across a wide perimeter: NGFW firewall, SD-WAN, Edge LAN, 5G, ZTNA and more.
• SD-WAN: Fortinet’s secure SD-WAN solution benefits from enhancements that accelerate and automate the orchestration layer and encourage the scalability of global WAN architectures. By monitoring application data analytics and mean opinion score for voice and data applications, enterprises can measure an application’s quality of experience from the perspective of the end user.
• SD-Branch: this complete solution for securing remote sites, from the WAN edge to the LAN Edge, offers functions for WAN over 5G, SD-WAN, NGFW firewall security, as well as LAN equipment, from of a single unified and convergent solution. FortiOS 7.2 introduces new automated deployment and orchestration features that secure the management of networks at remote sites, on a global scale.
• LAN edge (switch and Wi-Fi): secure the network by converging network and security functions in a single solution suitable for all device profiles. New integration features allow devices to be identified and less privileged access to be implemented at the LAN edge without having to deploy new systems.
• NGFW: With FortiOS 7.2, FortiGate becomes the first firewall compatible with HTTP/3.0. The solution provides more visibility and protection for new HTTP standards that bring the speed and agility needed for digital acceleration.
• Identity: With its strong and flexible authentication options, Fortinet enhances FortiAuthenticator, deployed on-premises or in VM format, with new authentication cloud services tailored to cloud applications and resources. Additionally, with its new FIDO-compliant, passwordless, multi-factor authentication module, Fortinet offers more secure and user-friendly authentication services for today’s hybrid environments.
• ZTNA: the ZTNA module integrated into the next-generation firewall (appliance, VM or provided from the cloud) is available on all the sites hosting employees, thus allowing teleworking anywhere, anytime. This feature is even easier to manage with a single policy configuration interface for each connection and each enhancement to the ZTNA Service Portal.
• Micro-segmentation: Fortinet is strengthening its Security Fabric segmentation and micro-segmentation functions to provide an Intent-based network (IBN) and control internal traffic.
• Secure Remote Access – SASE: offers secure private access to corporate applications, thanks to a ZTNA function natively integrated into FortiSASE and ensuring endpoint protection and traffic redirection. Continuous validation of identities and context enables enterprises to offer remote users explicit access to every application, overcoming the shortcomings of traditional VPNs.
• Simplified and centralized management and monitoring: The improvements made simplify and automate the deployment of large environments, thanks to automated provisioning. They integrate AI more tightly into network operations, offer centralized management with FortiManager, and offer digital experience monitoring through FortiMonitor.
Stronger consolidation of separate security products across networks, endpoints and cloud environments
Fortinet is enhancing the ability of the Fortinet Security Fabric to consolidate different individual security products onto an expanding attack surface.
• Enhancements Across the Security Fabric: FortiOS 7.2 updates for all of its network, endpoint, and cloud solutions improve the Fortinet Security Fabric and strengthen Fortinet’s ability to consolidate individual security products across of a platform that aims to be large, integrated and automated.
• Integration with one of the industry’s largest technology ecosystems: Fortinet’s Fabric-Ready Technology Partner Program brings together a community of global technology partners with specialized expertise. With over 480 integration possibilities, customers can define a platform of integrated solutions to make their security more effective and simplify operations.
We would like to thank the author of this short article for this remarkable web content
Fortinet Reveals FortiOS 7.2 Innovations
You can find our social media accounts as well as other related pageshttps://www.ai-magazine.com/related-pages/