To support the development of large-scale digital projects, which require the management and processing of massive volumes of data, and to help companies make strategic decisions using data, it is necessary to train. The objective: to master the fundamental concepts and techniques of artificial intelligence as well as big data in a constantly evolving technological environment.
ESGI, the higher school of work-study computer engineering, allows you to specialize to meet the needs of companies recruiting profiles in this field, with 2 majors in the 5th year program: data engineer and data science. Overview of some of the most promising professions at the cutting edge of technology.
A true creator of data systems, the data engineer’s mission is to design, test and set up an infrastructure to organize and store data flows, from different sources that can be heterogeneous. He is thus the guarantor of the quality of the raw data he receives and which will be used by the data scientist. His position, which is strategic for companies faced with large volumes of data, may lead him to identify new ways to collect data and improve the process.
According to silkhomthe average salary observed for the job of data engineer, according to experience and geographical area:
- Junior profiles: from €35,000 to €42,000 in the regions, from €38,000 to €45,000 in Paris,
- Senior profiles: up to €48,000 in the regions, more than €50,000 in Paris.
Note that the daily rates encountered in this position can range from €510 for a junior profile (0-3 years of experience) to €760 for a senior profile (more than 8 years of experience), depending Hays.
2. Data scientists
The role of the data scientist is to use data to help business leaders and managers make decisions. Concretely, he transforms raw material into insights thanks to predictive models and machine learning techniques. Thanks to the work of the data engineer, this data, which has already been cleaned beforehand, allows him to focus on the essential information at his disposal. To carry out his mission, the data scientist must know and master the sector of activity in which his organization evolves as well as its objectives, in order to be able to direct him thanks to his detailed analysis of the data.
According to the study of the remuneration of PageGroupthe average data scientist salary is:
- From 0 to 2 years of experience: from €38,000 to €50,000,
- From 2 to 5 years of experience: from €50,000 to €60,000,
- From 5 to 10 years of experience: from €60,000 to €70,000,
- Over 10 years of experience : from €70,000 to €85,000.
On this position, the average daily rates vary from €540 for a junior profile to €775 for a senior candidate, according to Hays.
3. Project manager in artificial intelligence and big data
If the exploitation of data is also at the heart of his missions, the AI and big data project manager differentiates himself by his piloting and management hat, to meet the needs reported by his customers, or his company if he works internally. A true conductor and data specialist, he organizes and directs projects, while acting as the link between the issuer of the request and the teams in charge of producing the most suitable solution, according to the constraints imposed (cost , quality, deadlines). He also monitors the deployment of each AI and big data project, which he tests with a view to reporting the problems encountered and proposing technical changes.
According to PageGroup, his average salary is:
- From 0 to 2 years of experience: from €40,000 to €45,000,
- From 2 to 5 years of experience: from €45,000 to €60,000,
- From 5 to 10 years of experience: from €60,000 to €70,000,
- Over 10 years of experience : from €70,000 to €80,000.
The other flagship professions of AI and big data
If many other jobs related to data are accessible for those who would like to orient themselves in the field of artificial intelligence and big data, 2 other professions stand out. In particular, they offer you the possibility of managing data in an innovation process, or at the strategic level of an organization:
- R&D engineer : he is in charge of creating products or services within the framework of innovation projects, by analyzing the market and the competitors of his company or client, by identifying the functional specifications and by choosing the tools which will make it possible to carry out the development of the product. His average salary: from 38-45 K€ (junior) to 60-70 K€ (senior).
- Chief Digital Officer (CDO) : as data manager, he guarantees their reliability and ensures that all data is understandable. It optimizes the collection, storage and use processes for the departments concerned to help them in their decision-making. He may be required to evolve in all sectors of activity. His average salary: from 60-90 K€ (junior) to 100-150 K€ (senior).
Support from ESGI to easily find a work-study contract
A large work-study IT school, ESGI offers 9 specializations from bac+3, including one sector dedicated to the professions of artificial intelligence and big datato help you deepen your knowledge with expert speakers in their fields, and meet the challenges of companies in 2023. Thanks to its programs open to alternation from the 1st year and on the practical cases carried out throughout your course, you have the possibility of applying your skills, and thus becoming more quickly operational on the job market. The advantage of the school: you have access to a large network of more than 1,100 partner companies, and a dedicated team in charge of corporate relations supports you in your efforts.
Big data and AI were big news for me when I started school, and I was able to quickly master new technologies and implement them in my professional environment. The reputation of ESGI opened a lot of doors for me to find a contract very easily. Thanks to partnerships and workshops organized for students, I was able to meet and listen to many experts, benefit from their feedback and advice on our future careers.
Kamelia S., consulting engineer at Meritis and ESGI alumni (class of 2021-2022).
We would like to thank the author of this short article for this amazing web content
The data professions that are recruiting on a work-study basis in 2023
You can find our social media profiles as well as other pages that are related to them.https://www.ai-magazine.com/related-pages/