Until March 27, the Institut Curie is organizing the 18th edition of Une Jonquille contre le Cancer. This year, the campaign is dedicated to adolescent and young adult cancers, which represent 1,700 new cases each year. Sponsors, events, shop, race, make a donation… Dates and info for the 2022 edition.
[Mis à jour le 24 mars 2022 à 09h57] Until March 27, the Institut Curie, France’s leading center for the fight against cancer, is organizing the 18th edition ofA Daffodil Against Cancer, a national campaign ofcall for the mobilization and collection of donations for cancer research. This 2022 edition is devoted adolescent and young adult cancerswhich concern each year 1,700 new patients aged 15 to 24 who need appropriate support. This year’s goal is to collect one million Euros. For this, solidarity events are held everywhere in France, in particular The Connected Daffodil Race. The general public, businesses, associations, local authorities, municipalities and thousands of volunteers are therefore invited to mobilize to raise as many funds as possible. Dates, godfathers, godmothers, events… All the info for the 2022 edition.
What are the dates of a Daffodil Against Cancer 2022?
The 18th edition of a Daffodil against Cancer, also called A Daffodil for Curieinstead of Tuesday 15 to Sunday 27 March 2022.
Why is the symbol a daffodil?
The daffodil is the symbol of the fight against cancer. Wearing it as pins or buying them allows you to show your support for this cause.
Where to buy daffodils?
To support the “A Daffodil Against Cancer” campaign, the Institut Curie is offering a Online Store to buy: a daffodil badge, a daffodil pen, a daffodil notebook or a shopping bag. The sale of daffodils for the benefit of the operation also takes place directly in garden centers Truffault : from March 15 to 27, 2022, buy a bunch of daffodils (2.29 euros for 10) or a zipped bag in the Truffaut garden center, 1 euro is donated to the Institut Curie.
For which cancer in 2022?
This year, the Daffodil Against Cancer campaign is dedicated to cancers in adolescents and young adults (AJA). These young patients require treatment specific to their age and the type of cancer they are suffering from (paediatric or adult tumor). “No longer quite children and not yet adults, 15-25 year olds are going through a transition stage with crucial psychological and societal issues. Through its dedicated AJA unit, Institut Curie has been providing comprehensive care for adolescents, adapted and personalized, for around ten years.” says Professor Steven Le Gouill, Director of the Institut Curie Hospital Complex and President of the Scientific Council of LYSA (clinical research network on lymphoma).
- 2,300 new cases among the 7.7 million AJA (Thomas Raze et al, 2021).
- 3rd cause of death for this population, after road accidents and suicides.
- Five-year survival is approximately 88% for all types of cancer combined
- 100 adolescents and young adults are being treated mainly for bone sarcomas or its soft tissues, tumors of the central nervous system for which Institut Curie is recognized as a reference center
A hundred different tumors can occur in adolescents and young adults:
- pediatric type : leukaemias, medulloblastomas, certain sarcomas…
- tumors occurring most often in AJA: osteosarcomas, Ewing’s sarcoma, lymphomas (especially Hodgkin’s lymphoma), germ cell tumours, etc.
- adult type : thyroid cancer, breast cancer, melanoma…
Who are the godfathers and godmothers of the 2022 edition?
Several public figures are committed to the Institut Curie in the fight against cancer. For this 2022 edition, several godfathers and godmothers are mobilizing: Astrid Bard, Antoine De Caunes, Daphne Bürki, Christophe Beaugrand, Maya Lauqué, Marco Prince, Sandrine Quétier…
What are the events of a Daffodil Against Cancer 2022?
- The launch of the 18and edition ofA Daffodil Against Cancer will take place on Tuesday, March 15, 2022, place du Panthéon in Paris, in the presence of the godfathers and godmothers and the official partners of the campaign. For the first time, a giant daffodil over 3 meters in LEGO bricks® there will be planted. There will also be workshops with mixed kits of a mini-daffodil to be built in “Build & Take Away” mode
- From March 15 to 19, 2022a solidarity sale of daffodils and derived products will be held in place du Panthéon.
- The connected challenge The Daffodil Race Against Cancer from March 15 to 27, 2022. During this race, the energy is transformed into gift, with 1 euro donated to the Institut Curie for each kilometer traveled.
- All of March 2022events and solidarity activities throughout France thanks to the mobilization of our partners, associations and communities committed to supporting the fight against cancer.
Each year, the Institut Curie organizes its national campaign to mobilize against cancer baptized “A daffodil for Curie”. As a reminder :
How to participate in the race of A Daffodil against Cancer 2022?
The public is invited to take part anywhere in France in the connected challenge of the “Daffodil Race“. She starts Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 9 a.m.. Solidarity runners and walkers together raise the challenge of the greatest number of kilometers reached until Sunday March 27, 2022, 6 p.m. Concretely, each participant makes his promise of kilometers during his registration. For each kilometer travelled, a donation of €1 will be donated to the Institut Curie by the major partner of the event, Allianz France. The funds raised will support research and medical innovation against cancer carried out at the Institut Curie.
What is the poster for the 2022 edition of Une Jonquille pour Curie?
Everyone can show their commitment by sporting a Daffodil pin (available for purchase on the official store)a strong symbol of hope for all those who fight against cancer and share your photos on social networks with #UneJonquilleContreLeCancer.
Anyone can contribute to advance research on the disease by making a donation via mobile, by downloading the free physical activity coaching application A Daffodil for Curie since itunes or since Google Play :
- By telephone, nothing’s easier ! Donate 5 euros by texting ESPOIR to 92 002.
- By check payable to Institut CurieDonor Department, Iris Marson, 26 rue d’Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05
- On the Internet, donate directly from the site unejonquillepourcurie.fr, buy a solidarity object (badge, pen, bag, notebook, pot of daffodils…) on the Online Store. Invite your friends, your colleagues, your loved ones to make a donation and support your commitment against cancer.
We would love to give thanks to the writer of this short article for this outstanding content
A Daffodil against Cancer 2022: symbol, purchase, how to give?
You can view our social media pages here and other pages related to them here.https://www.ai-magazine.com/related-pages/