- March 24, 2022
- AI Projects
Juice’s mission is to “create the post-screen age in which users will always have access to personalized and contextual audio information in all circumstances”. Exclusive interview with one of the co-founders of the app, Rafi HaladjianChairman of Juice.
What is the business model of Juice, a free app?
Juice has different business models:
- A free version of the App in which will appear personalized and interactive advertisements with calls to action (a novelty in the field of audio).
- A basic subscription plan will provide an ad-free experience.
- A pro subscription formula will allow you to have specialized intelligence feeds on specific keywords.
- A BtoB activity providing corporate versions of Juice, in which consumer content is mixed with internal company messages for its employees or affiliates.
What is the vocation, the mission of the app?
In its first, current version, each listener of Juice can be constantly up to date on a large number of subjects, without getting bored, without making an effort.
But Juice’s vocation is to create the post-screen age in which users will have permanent access to personalized and contextual audio information in all circumstances while continuing to perform their tasks. It is an audio Augmented Reality which is today easier to implement than glasses-based Augmented Reality, given the installed base of headphones and the social acceptability of said headphones.
The personalized playlist, a confinement?
There are two ways to look at personalization. On the one hand, there is a priori customization: I only ask to see what I know and like and thus build my own bubble. On the other hand, there is a posteriori personalization (the one we implement on Juice): the listener is subjected to all kinds of content that mix those he likes and those he does not yet know. He has the possibility of rejecting new proposals made to him (he has an inalienable right to hate something). According to our experience, with a posteriori personalization, it turns out that people listen to types of content, sources of information, and points of view of the opposing political side, which they would never have spontaneously chosen.
How can an app enable discovery?
We make it a point of honor to promote serendipity. Unless the listener absolutely refuses to hear a type of content, we constantly continue to present new content. What’s more, the short audio format makes it easier to access topics that the listener usually doesn’t care about. By reducing the effort required and the investment of time, curiosity is encouraged. When to know everything about People or Football you just have to listen distractedly for 90 seconds, it becomes conceivable, “profitable”, to take an interest in it.
..And why not, also educate users to develop behaviors of personal “care”?
One of the big challenges of Artificial Intelligence that we are working on is knowing when to shut up. It is much easier today to design relevant and contextual content than to know when nothing should be said at all, and at what time of the user’s day it is necessary to provide peaceful moments (with silence, meditation, or just a type of music for example). We’re hopeful we’ll get there as Juice’s playtimes get longer and it becomes easier to squeeze in downtime.
Learn more about Juice
Juice is a free application available for download on the AppStore and the Play Store and or through the site Juice.tech. Juice allows you to find all its content in audio format in the same experience. The app mixes together music, podcasts, and real-time news that is read by digital humans. This content comes from a variety of sources: written media, podcasts, streaming platforms, and social networks. Content is selected and prioritized by Juice’s AI. The algorithm personalizes each listener’s playlist according to their implicit or explicit preferences. The experience is interactive and it is designed to be used without touching its screen thanks to a few simple voice commands. These commands make it possible in particular to ask for details on an item of information, to skip content deemed uninteresting, or to put an article aside for later. Juice introduces dynamic audio in which the program and messages build in real-time for each user. This dynamic audio makes it possible to design personal audio assistants that provide the user with contextual information continuously.
- Adobe Launches a New GenAI-Powered Music Creation Tool
- An Ai Chatbot Designed To Provide Emotional Support
- Building Custom Models with PyTorch Lightning
- Innovative Ai Technology Predicts Data Trends To Improve Storage Efficiency
- OpenAI Introduces Sora, An Ai Tools That Turns Text Prompts Into Instant Video
- The Meta Calls For Standardized Labeling Of AI-Generated Visual Content
- Reinforcement Learning with OpenAI Gym
- Amazon Introduces Rufus, a New AI-Powered Shopping Assistant in Its Mobile App
- Scientists Create Algorithm to Analyze Users’ Eye Movements on Screens
- Using AI to Enhance Creative Expression in Art Therapy
Get regular updates on data science, artificial intelligence, machine