- June 29, 2022
On the Daily program: an artificial intelligence learns to play Minecraft by watching YouTube videos. Next, we talk about Cyberpunk 2077’s disastrous launch, finally explained. We end with Netflix’s Horizon series unfolding.
What if the catastrophic launch of Cyberpunk 2077 was not entirely the fault of CD Projekt?
Cyberpunk 2077, the game that was expected to be a real GOTY, hit a huge wall when it was released in December 2020. The main reason comes from buggy and unstable old-gen versions. What followed was a long descent into hell for CD Project Red. The studio lost the confidence of players, and the game was removed from the PlayStation store, a great first for a title of this magnitude. If many surveys have shown a somewhat disastrous management of the project internally, it seems that external elements have also participated in the general fiasco of the software. This is a new investigation relayed by the YouTube channel Upper Echelon Gamers and spotted by Forbes which points the finger at the studio in charge of the quality assurance of Cyberpunk 2077: Quantic Lab, which was supposed to take care of reporting bugs. The firm has focused its findings on minor bugs, to the point of forgetting the major ones, the reports of which were sent much too late. As a result, the Polish developers spent more time filling the small gaps, rather than the big ones.
An artificial intelligence learned to play Minecraft by watching videos!
Artificial intelligence is a technological sector that mobilizes the most research. Some researchers have decided to use video games to develop this field! This is for example the case of the company OpenAI, which specializes in research on AI. The firm became interested in video games as part of research for artificial intelligence: it made people watch tons of YouTube videos of Minecraft to teach them how to play. The choice of Mojang’s game was obvious for 2 reasons: the first is that it is one of the most played titles in the world. As a result, there are many videos around the software. The second is simply because Minecraft offers a whole bunch of activities to do. After more than 70,000 hours of videos watched… artificial intelligence is now able to create a table, eat, hunt, and even pillar jump, a technique that consists of rising higher and higher by placing a cube under his character after a jump. Suffice it to say that these results are more than promising for OpenAI.
- Innovative Ai Technology Predicts Data Trends To Improve Storage Efficiency
- OpenAI Introduces Sora, An Ai Tools That Turns Text Prompts Into Instant Video
- The Meta Calls For Standardized Labeling Of AI-Generated Visual Content
- Reinforcement Learning with OpenAI Gym
- Amazon Introduces Rufus, a New AI-Powered Shopping Assistant in Its Mobile App
- Scientists Create Algorithm to Analyze Users’ Eye Movements on Screens
- Using AI to Enhance Creative Expression in Art Therapy
- Theano Overview and Guide
- Anthropology Researchers Have Discovered That AI Models Can Be Taught To Cheat
- Google Introduces “Circle to Search” – Revolutionary On-The-Go Search Feature for Android Devices
Get regular updates on data science, artificial intelligence, machine